For the Treatment of Psoriasis and Severe Eczema
Diflorasone Diacetate: Impressive Efficacy
- Demonstrated clinical efficacy in treating the signs and symptoms of eczema1,2
- Provided greater reduction in redness, scaling and areas of hardened skin vs. fluocinonide in psoriatic lesions3
- One application per day option depending on severity and resistant nature of the condition4
- White, nongreasy vanishing cream4 allows for easy application and quick absorption, and it's odor free
Proven Safety and Tolerability
- Emollient-based formulation helps restore moisture to dry, itchy skin4
For more information, visit ApexiCon.com
Important Selected Product Safety Information
Do not use ApexiCon® E Cream if you have a history of hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of the preparation. If irritation develops, topical corticosteroids should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted. This medication is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped unless directed by the physician. Do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants on an infant or child being treated in the diaper area, as this may increase the likelihood of the side effects.
Absorption of topical corticosteroids through the skin has produced various hormonal abnormalities, increased blood sugar, and sugar in the urine in some patients. The following local side effects have been reported most commonly with topical corticosteroids: burning, itching, irritation, dryness.
Safety of this product in pediatric patients has not been established. Pediatric patients are more likely to develop toxicity affecting various organs. Side effects of topical steroids in children may include problems with growth, weight gain, headaches, problems with vision, bulging soft spots on a baby's head, and stretch marks.
If you are pregnant or nursing a baby, consult with physician prior to using this product.
For more information, consult your healthcare professional. Please see link to Full Prescribing Information below.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.FDA.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088
- Squires DJP, Masson EL. An evaluation of once-daily applications of diflorasone diacetate in eczematous dermatoses. J Int Med Res.1981; 9(1):79-81.
- Lawless JF, Stubbs SS. Comparative efficacy of once-a-day diflorasone diacetate and T.I.D. hydrocortisone in treating eczematous dermatitis. Curr Ther Res.1978;23(2):159-165.
- Lebwohl MG, Medansy RS, Savin RC, et al. Diflorasone diacetate cream in an optimized vehicle versus fluocinonide cream for the treatment of psoriasis. J Derm Treat.1995; 6:219-222.
- ApexiCon® E Cream [Prescribing Information, 2008]. Melville, NY: PharmaDerm, a division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.